Are you a New York resident? If so, you may be eligible to save big by investing in your own wind energy system. Depending where in New York State you live, you could be eligible for some beneficial programs that get you 50 percent or 60 percent off the total cost as a cash rebate! Small wind turbines also may be eligible for a 30 percent federal tax credit. Sounds like a deal to us!
Together, these incentives add up to some serious savings that take a bite out of up-front cost and greatly reduce your payback time! Plus, Southwest Windpower dealers now offer low-monthly payment plans for the balance of your system. Wind power is easier and more affordable than ever before.
HOW IT WORKS
- Any windy location in NY, except Long Island, is eligible for NYSERDA rebates. Long Island has its own program*
- The program is for sites that are connected to the electrical grid.
- Tower height restrictions may be waived in officially recognized agricultural zones.
- Your local Southwest Windpower dealer can help you learn the estimated production for your location, which also determines how much cash you will get back from NYS. The winder, the better!
Here is a list of local dealers in NYS:
- Finger Lakes area
- Rochester area
- Long Island area
- New Windsor area
- Syracuse area (Weedsport)
- Niagara Falls area
*For LI residents:
- Your incentive is available through the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA).
- Grid-connected sites are eligible.
- You may receive up to a 60% cash rebate off the total installed cost, and the site may also be eligible for a 30% tax credit. The amount is based on estimated and actual performance of the wind system.
- Your local Southwest Windpower dealer can help you assess any restrictive zoning issues and help estimate how much of a rebate you might get.
WHAT IS NYSERDA?
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is a public benefit corporation created in the mid-1970s and has since focused on research and development with the goal of reducing NYS’ petroleum consumption. Today, according to their website, NYSERDA’s aims to help NY meet its energy goals by reducing energy consumption, promoting the use of renewable energy sources, and protecting the environment. Check out their website to learn more.
Find out if wind is right for you, locate a dealer and take our free energy assessment.
Related reading: from our customers